MKE Week 15 – “Kindness = Intelligence” ~ Year 2
WOW!! This three letter word can barely discribe how I feel internally! I have found myself just sitting still and become overwhelmed with beautiful emotions. I was raised to be kind, respectful to others. So, being kind to others was naturally easy. But, I decided to take it to another level and step out of my comfort zone and give more ‘Love.’ This is what has happened since I’ve started this;
- A girl in my office did not have any money, so I told her I would buy her lunch. 🙂 I told her that, ‘My Momma raised me right.’
- The next day she brought me in a banana and orange.
- I went to Starbucks and ordered a Trenta cold brew with vanilla sweet cream.
- When I went to pay, the girl had made the wrong size. I got a free Venti cold brew. Then was only charged only for the price of a Venti.
- A girl in my office stops at Dunkin’ Donuts every day. So, when I feel like I ‘need’ another coffee I will text her and she brings me in a coffee. Then she usually will not take my money.
- So, I decided to go buy her a gift card for Dunkin’ Donuts.
- I’ve decided to buy gift cards to give out to random people. 🙂
- I’ve always prayed for people that are close to me. But, I’ve started to pray for people that I don’t really know.
- I am trying to say ‘Hi‘ to everyone I meet.
- One day I arrived to work; running a few minutes behind. As I was getting ready stuff out of my car, I could see a young man looking at me from another car a few spots over. As I started walking into work, he approached me.
- I stopped, even though I knew I was late. He started asking me questions about God. At the end of the conversation. I thanked him for taking the time to talk to me and to keep on passing out the ‘Love.’ He ‘Blessed‘ me.
- “HUG FRIDAY” – (Love this one). I was overcome when I walked into work. I felt the need to give out hugs.
- When I walked into my office, I announced, ‘It’s HUG FRIDAY’ and proceeded to walk around and give hugs to everyone in the office. The experience was beautiful.
- Sending inspirational texts and listening to a friend who has been struggling in life.
- She has told me that she is getting stronger. She went on to say that I am her ‘Sunshine.’
I could continue. 🙂
Taking the extra step to be kind is so much rewarding than keeping it to yourself. I am becoming more vulnerable. Which is a huge step for me.
I stumbled across an article written by Creativehealthyfamily.com – ‘Goodness Takes Intelligence: “Why Kind People are the Smartest of All.” Here is the opening sentence.
- If you think “nice” is just a synonym for “naive,” think again! According to one major brain expert, “goodness” is one of the greatest signs of intelligence.
What I have found, is that the more ‘love‘, ‘kindness‘ I give. I see my universe changing. I am seeing what I WANT my universe to be. It is coming back to me. I tear up just thinking about how beautiful this is. The feeling inside is incredible!
I ask you today, go out and do something kind. Embrace that feeling. Your kindness will spread.
I leave you with this song by TobyMac/Kirk Franklin – Lose My Soul
Lose My Soul (Click link)
Peace Be Your Journey!